By Mahmoud Jisri
It’s election time and a confused friend asked me how or who to choose and vote for.
First, I would like to point out that all of the points mentioned below applies in cases of individual voting, in the absence of an honest group, which can guarantee the interests of a whole community or communities, not the interests of a single or even a small group of individuals.
Here are some thoughts and points to consider followed by suggestions to choose or exclude to reach the best decision.
– Start with asking yourself, will you vote for someone who belongs to a party with an agenda and goals contradicting with your own principles and values only to overthrow another party? In other words, does the ends justify the means? Or do you choose to vote for the party closest to justice, far from corruption and the closest to your principles only?
Keep in mind that if you mostly vote based on religious beliefs or based on certain principles then you might face a conflict with the “ends justify the means” concept. There is only one person who can answer all questions above and that is you.
– You might want to pay attention to the fact that the right candidate is not necessarily from the same community, believes or background. Perhaps all of the above applies to her/him but his party’s agenda is against all that you want for you and your children’s future and of course he/she can not change the principles of his party and their ideas for you just because he/she is your friend.
– You do not have to vote for the biggest party or the second largest (this was played in one of the federal elections under the pretext of ” strategic voting”), I call it “strategic manipulation” and it ,unfortunately, made some people set aside their principles to vote under fear or hate only.
The last personal thought is that absolute autonomy of the same party with the same mentality and ideological school of thought on all levels of the state (local level – provincial level – federal level) may give absolute power to this specific party as there are strong ties of sympathy due to similar ideologies and other factors between all levels even if they are different legal entities. This alignment might lead to more power which might cause corruption. History has shown that absolute power often leads to more corruption.
After thinking of the above, the following points might help in the process of selection, exclusion:
– Define the least corrupt party.
– Pinpoint the party, who historically, proved more sincerity and development of the country. – The party with the higher number of honest candidates.
– Identify the party closest to the community and people and most consulted with them.
– The closest party to the beneficial principles of humanity.
– Choose who does not conflict with your principles/values as much as possible.
– The party that has a good agenda for all people, not just companies.
– Exclusion of the party who was in power recently without distinction or major achievement.
– Exclude the party with false promises or the one who invite you to parties and picture taking without your participation in the actual decision-making processes.
– Exclusion of parties supported by the bad and corrupt individuals in society or supported by groups with agendas of its own contrary to what you want the best for your country.
– Identify the ruling parties for each level (local – provincial – federal) and the extent to which the objectives of each party to the level of government.
– The exclusion of persons with a history of changing and manipulating words and promises.
– Exclusion of parties with weak and shaky opposition.
– The exclusion of those who have the greatest reputation in corruption and mismanagement of state funds.
– The exclusion of those who have a reputation for racism or treating others badly.
– You might need to ignore who can be easily influenced and swayed.
– Define a party’s agenda that’s closer to the general principles and values of humanity and what party is not.
– The exclusion of anyone who creates a public enemy to scare the people so they vote for them. Most despots start like this.
– Use the strategy and the real statistics and the actual number of seats in the current parliament as the basis for smart or strategic voting and not manipulated statistics.
– Consider new candidates whom might bring real change.
– The vote must be based on the conviction of the person to delegate the most appropriate to the management of the country and what is best for all and not only to her/him or to a limited group. (The search for personal interests in politics is what caused ruin and corruption to many countries)
– Sometimes the party’s agenda may match the candidates I am voting for in my area, this makes things easier, but sometimes it is the opposite (for example, the candidate is good but the party is not the best or the party is good but the candidate is bad in my region). If this is the case then considering the second best option might be the best option here.
These are just personal thoughts and consideration points who might ,or might not, be helpful to others. I recommend, to anyone who is looking for a real answer, to search and determine the priorities based on the time and needs of the people then decide which party he/she agrees with most after evaluating the mentioned points and compare his answers to reach a logical answer. Of course, more points can be added, or maybe removed, as needed.
In conclusion, I emphasize on the importance of voting as part of practicing democracy which leads to justice for all. It is also a human right to express opinions, stop injustice and demand the best for society and individuals. Progress of humanity requires us to change for the best according to our ability and vote is one of the best ways to change in developed societies which are not dominated by tyranny and dictatorship.
- أخبارشهر واحد ago
افتتاح أكبر متنزه مائي في كندا
- trendingأسبوعين ago
الحكومة الكندية تكشف التفاصيل الكاملة للحوافز المادية التي ستقدمها لشراء منزلك الأول
- trending6 أشهر ago
التحضير لاختبار الحصول على الجنسية الكندية
- trending16 ساعة ago
عائلة برهو السورية التي فقدت أطفالها السبعة تعود مجدداً إلى واجهة وسائل التواصل الإجتماعي
- أخباريومين ago
وزارة البيئة الكندية تصدر تحذيراً من الحرارة الشديدة في مونتريال وكيبيك
- أخبار4 أيام ago
طبيب يتعرّض للطعن عدة مرات في عيادته
- أخبار5 أيام ago
ترحيل 12 شخصاً من كندا
- أخبار4 أيام ago
مجلس الهجرة : تخفيضات المساعدة القانونية سوف تتسبب في تأخير طلبات اللاجئين